Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Great Crib Search

Thanks to Pinterest, I had my future's baby's crib picked out before I even had a husband picked out. OK, not really, but I always knew I wanted a Jenny Lind style crib. All the cute vintage nurseries on Pinterest always have Jenny Lind cribs, and I thought it would be the perfect size for our tiny little baby room. I was tossing around the idea of getting a black one, or even a white one and painting it some fabulous, bright color. However, I guess I forgot that I have a husband who also has opinions of his own, and he was definitely not in the Jenny Lind camp. He thought they looked too "old" (isn't that the point?) and dated. We kind of went back and forth about it for a while, but eventually decided just to get one (and go against his modern design taste) because they are the cheapest cribs out there.



But then, we got some awesome news! My mom came over and told us she wanted to buy our crib, and her budget was bigger than ours. This opened a whole new can of worms and gave us many more crib possibilities. We had to start our crib search from scratch. I had a couple crib "must haves" that I wasn't willing to give on. They were:
-Crib had to be white
-Made out of real wood (not pressed wood or "wood material" like some of the cheap ones)
-Have a non-toxic finish/paint
-Convert to a toddler bed

Jacob really likes bigger, more modern furniture, so he was kind of rooting for a crib like this:



I am not fond of this style because I think the crib looks too big and would take over the little room. It also wouldn't match the vintage dresser and decor we already have purchased.

I thought maybe we could compromise and go for something modern with clean lines but that wasn't too big. We started looking at cribs like this:



But for some reason I just couldn't get over the brown legs.

We decided to bag the whole looking for cribs online thing and head out to Baby's R Us to see these suckers in person. Lo and behold, we found the perfect crib hidden between two dressers. We both freaked when we saw it... it is the perfect mixture of both of our design tastes.
It is a classic, mission style crib with clean lines and is not too big and bulky. However, it has a really modern element to it and meets every single one of our prerequisites.



Found here at Babies R Us:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11405319

It is so perfect... we can't wait for it to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment