Saturday, November 26, 2011

Quick Update 1.0

A lot has happened over the past couple of weeks.

First of all, I am 16 weeks now! It just blows my mind how quickly the time has flown by. On Thanksgiving morning, I felt the baby kick for the first time! It was actually quite a jolt and kind of scared me at first, but I have gotten used to it since then. I know it is still a bit early, but I didn't have too much padding on my stomach to begin with so I'm feeling it early (no complaints here).

In other news, I have had some really icky health stuff going on. My blood pressure has been ridiculously high and I was placed on Propanalol on Monday by my doctor. If my blood pressure is not down by this coming Monday, she wants to put me on complete bed rest... EEK! This week called for a lot of relaxation and dealing with the icky symptoms of the medication. I am hoping and praying that by Monday my symptoms will start going away, because this girl would not be a happy camper on bed rest! On top of the horrible head aches, the severe cramps, and spotting, I would say this has been quite the interesting pregnancy.

On top of all this, I learned that if you have high blood pressure throughout the entire pregnancy, it is not likely you will be able to deliver vaginally. With Pre Eclampsia, C-Sections are very common because the mom's blood pressure is likely to raise even more during labor. This was very sad news for me, because I have really been looking forward to a completely natural birth. I shed a few quick tears over this one. I guess it's just all the more reason to make sure I take care of my body and get better soon!

My Hubby has been quite amazing throughout this whole thing. I just can't believe how supportive he is...and he has been so willing to take on extra tasks around the house just so I can get more rest and sleep. He makes sure to always look out for, making sure I am eating enough, drinking enough water, and taking relaxing baths. What a sweetheart!

I have still only gained 4 pounds. I was a little bit nervous about this and asked my doctor how much most women gain by 16 weeks (I was reading somewhere that most women are in maternity clothes by 14 weeks--not me!). She said I have nothing to worry about and that people's bodies change at completely different rates in completely different ways. However, it is about that time for me to start gaining 1 pound a week. I am making sure I eat healthy, protein-filled foods every two or three hours, and have even started throwing in a little snack before bed.

That's my update for now. Our anatomy scan is set for December 5th...I can't wait to find out what we are having!

No comments:

Post a Comment