Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's a human!

We had a surprise 3D/4D ultrasound on Monday and lo and behold, there is definitely a human in there! Lately all of her ultrasounds have made her look like an alien, so I was relieved to find out that she is indeed a human with hair on her head, chubby cheeks, and a thumb she loves to suck!

We were unable to do the 3D ultrasound at our last appointment because she was facing my back, so when we went for a usual growth scan on Monday, the sonographer decided to try it out just for fun! It was so cool to see her moving around in there and moving her fist in front of her face. I think she is definitely going to be a thumb sucker! She is already 5 pounds, 12 ounces, and has jumped from the 31st to the 52nd percentile! YAY! If she comes at exactly 40 weeks, doctor thinks she will be in between 7.5 and 8 pounds.

My doctor is under the impression that I will deliver around 39 weeks. She says because of my stubborn tight muscles, high BP, and the fact that I have already had some serious contractions, this baby won't arrive late. We'll see though....part of me has a feeling that this baby might keep me waiting for a long time.

Anyways, I wanted to share the picture with you all. She's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment