Friday, April 6, 2012

What to do?

At 35 weeks, I find myself already patiently (read: impatiently) waiting for baby to come. I know that I am not even full-term until two weeks from now, but I feel like everything is done and I just can't wait for her to get here. We finished the nursery this weekend, packed baby's bag, and started packing my hospital bag. Most of the stuff I want to pack I use on a daily basis, so it will have to be thrown together at the last minute. Jacob even installed the car seat in my car today! With everything so close to being done, I just can't help but sit here and anxiously wait for her to make an appearance.

Part of me is sad, though, because as my mom pointed out, once she is out of my tummy I have to share her with the rest of the world. Now, the two of us kind of share a bond that no one else gets to experience or share. Once she's out, however, I have to share her with Jacob and everyone else in the family. Of course I am tickled there are so many people in my life who love her, but I think I might miss feeling her move around all day and dancing to music (I am convinced she does). Sometimes I can feel her little, tiny elbows, fists, and bottom through my stomach and I touch them lovingly. I wonder if she knows it is her mommy who is touching her? I just want to reach through my skin and grab her and kiss her little, tiny body parts!

We have an OB check and ultrasound on Monday. I am anxious to find out what sort of position she is in and if my OB has an estimated time for her arrival. If my blood pressure is down, she will probably get to stay in there until 40 weeks (or later). I have been feeling so much pressure down there lately (like my pelvis is about to crack in half) I am convinced she wants out early! We will see though, because according to when I think I ovulated, my due date is even later then what the doctors think it is (May 13). It would be amazing to have her on Mother's Day!

I definitely overdid it today. I vacuumed the house, folded laundry, made dinner, went to coffee with a friend, and then out to frozen yogurt in the evening. (Don't tell my OB I did all that!) Now, I am really paying for it. All the moving around just makes me feel miserable...my muscles are SO tight!! I also having a headache, which can most likely be attributed to a raise in blood pressure. I am going to need to keep this in mind during the holiday weekend....TAKE IT EASY HEATHER!
It's just so hard to sit at home and "relax" when I just want time to pass quickly so I can meet my little beebee.

That's all for now. Hope everyone has an amazing Easter weekend! HE IS RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment