Monday, October 17, 2011

Dancing Gummy Bear

Today was an amazing day. It brought me a surprise. I love surprises.
I went to the doctor for a 10 week check-up, and was told I would only get weighed and measured, give a urine sample, and then get my vitals taken and listen to the baby's heartbeat. I was NOT expecting an ultrasound. Lo and behold, the sonographer takes me into the ultrasound room at the beginning of the appointment, and I got to get a sneak peak of our little dancing gummy bear. I could not believe the movement that was going on inside of my tummy!! It brought tears to my eyes to see arms and legs kicking all over the place and hands opening and closing. What a joy!

Up until this point, it has been hard for me to feel attached to the life growing inside of me. I mean, I have always been happy and proud, but it was hard to feel bonded to what looked like just a little blob. I felt the morning sickness and the bloating, but that was about it. Now, I feel so much different that words cannot even describe my emotions. My baby has a head, a torso, legs, arms, hands and feet! And he or she is moving them all around like crazy!

I feel so honored to be the body that is carrying and growing this child of ours. Now, I feel as though I am ready and willing to go through whatever may need to happen, because a BEAUTIFUL LIFE is going to come from it!

I am a happy Ewok Momma today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment