Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Nursery Dreams and Baby Things

Even before Jacob and I found out we were pregnant I always was on the lookout for cute baby nursery ideas. I have become mildly obsessed with decorating (when I can afford it) and taking old, vintage pieces and either a) repurposing them or b) making them look completely different. I have done this with a couple things around our house and hope to use those same creative skills in the new baby room!
This is our inspiration picture for the nursery. The wall color and black and white accents will stay the same regardless of the baby's gender, and the pink accents in the picture will just be changed to yellow if it is a boy. Feast your eyes, my friends!






I have already bought the paint and Jacob has tested it out on the walls. So far, it looks great! I am hoping to add a vintage rocking chair and to refinish a vintage dresser (as shown in the picture) to add to the room as well. I can't wait to get cracking on this project!

Here are a couple more inspiration pictures:



I love the mismatched crib bedding in this picture. I am so not a fan of the matchy matchy nurseries... I think the bedding we choose will look something like this. I die for the homemade flag garland in the picture as well!



Here is the same wall color, but with yellow accents instead.



Did I mention that a Jenny Lind style crib like this one is absolutely ESSENTIAL for our baby room? I love that this one is painted....so cute and vintage!

Hope you all enjoyed our inspiration photos! Can't wait to post all the progress we have made in the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment