Thursday, October 27, 2011

Most Loved Baby Items: Part A

So I have been thinking lately that in order to make this blog uber interesting, I should make a couple posts that are applicable to more people than just myself. I know I have a rather scanty following, but I thought I would share some of the research I have been doing lately.
I have been thinking a lot recently about the baby items we will eventually need to purchase. It's been rather scary, because I have no idea which model of each item to get. What stroller is the easiest to use? Which infant carrier is the most lightweight? Is one bottle better than the next? I decided to do some research and pulled together a couple resources. This blog post will feature the results and hopefully be helpful for those of you who are expecting as well. This information was taken from consumer reviews online, American Baby Magazine, real life reviews from my real life friends,and of course all the message boards I have been scouring for advice.
This post will feature the smaller baby items (the big guys are coming next)! So, enjoy!

Best Bottle:

Born Free Baby Bottles

These bottles are BPA free, and are said to help prevent colic with their revolutionary venting system. Hardly any air gets in with the milk, making for a less gassy baby. These bottles also come with different "stages" of nipples for different age babies.

Best Soother:

I don't really know exactly what these ones are called, but I have heard everywhere that the best pacifiers are the ones given to the baby in the hospital. I have talked to lots of people who said those were the only soothers that worked for their little one. Hey, if it's free, it's for me!

Best Swaddler:

Aiden and Anais Muslin Swaddling Blankets



These blankets have won EVERYONE'S vote across the board. The blankets are light weight and great for summer as they don't make the baby too hot. They are organic, come in great colors, and are just the perfect size and shape for wrapping your baby up nice and cozy. They're a bit spendy though at $39 for a pack of three.

Best Nursing Support:

The Boppy



I know a lot of moms choose not to even use the boppy, but for those who do, it's a lifesaver! The boppy helps make breastfeeding a little bit more comfortable by providing support for both momma and baby. They're inexpensive, and you can find really cute slipcovers for them to match the baby's room or your home decor. I remember when I was younger, my little brothers and sisters would use the boppy to help them learn to sit.

Best Diapers:

Tie Between Pampers Swaddlers and Kirkland Signature Brand from Costco

American Baby Magazine found that Pampers Swaddlers were the most-loved diapers by moms across the country. They are absorbent, comfortable for baby, and had the least amount of leaks. Moms had nothing but amazing things to say about them!



However, word of mouth around my neck of the woods is that Kirkland Signature diapers are just as good as any of the other expensive brands but are much cheaper. A close friend told me that these are the only diapers that did not give her little one diaper rash. Oh ya, and did I mention that they come in a box of 1,000,000?



That's all for now, folks. Stay tuned for my next post which will include the best strollers, car-seats, baby swings and more!

1 comment:

  1. All good things! I also love Emmy's bottles...Tommy Tipee brand. They are shaped like boobies! And are also bpa free. They also have a natural line!

    ReplyDelete